Gold Price in India | Live Updated Rates – 2023
Today Gold Rate In India:
5,245.47 (INR) Per Gram For 24 Carat
You can find all the information you might need here before making a gold purchase, whether you want to invest in gold or buy gold jewellery for personal use. You should be known to gold price in India, first of all.
Here are the current gold prices in India for 24 karat gold and 22 karat gold and a comparison of their prices to help you decide.
|Price (INR)||Price (USD)|
|Gold Gram Carat 24||5246.407||64.357|
|Gold Gram Carat 22||4809.287||59.077|
|Gold Gram Carat 21||4590.727||56.427|
|Gold Gram Carat 18||3935.037||48.507|
|Gold Gram Carat 14||3060.797||37.937|
|Gold Gram Carat 12||2623.677||32.647|
|Gold Gram Carat 10||2186.547||27.367|
*these rates are taken from some reliable sources of the industry.
In India, gold remains one of the most important metals and is given prime investment status since years. Being the main consumer of gold, India, has huge demand for gold ornaments and gold coins, bars for investment.
It consumes almost 20-25% of the world’s total gold consumption. Jewelry, gold coins, and gold bars are some ways that people purchase gold.
Additionally, it can be invested in and traded as a commodity, so traders who trade commodities regularly invest in gold.
Gold is an essential part of the culture. For example, a bride’s wedding is incomplete if she do not wear gold jewellery.
As a result, it directly creates opportunities for business in the jewellery industry.
Gold Price In India Per Gram, Kilo, Ounce
Various gold prices in India are shown in the following table (ounces, tolas, grams, kilograms, etc.).
|1 Ounce 24 Carat||164191.988|
|1 Tola 24 Carat||61572.288|
|1 Gram 24 Carat||5270.988|
|10 Grams 24 Carat||52705.888|
|1 Kilo 24 Carat||5270551.588|
Below is the graphical representation of the information, you will get in this article.
To help you understand how this guide flows and what it covers, we outline the following topics.
- Gold Price In India Per Gram, Kilo, Ounce
- Changes in gold prices depends upon these Parameters
- Gold Carat Price in India
- Gold Measurements
Changes in gold prices depends upon these Parameters
- SIMPLE DEMAND / SUPPLY: Gold price in India is influenced by demand and supply conditions. The high demand and low supply of gold will eventually increase the gold price in India.
- INVERSE INTEREST RATES: Rates of interest and gold prices have an inversely proportional relationship. An increase in interest rates always leads to a decline in gold prices, which is followed by a decline in gold buying.
- JEWELLERY: Weddings and other festivities in India are heavily adorned with gold jewellery. Gold jewellery is extremely common, particularly among traditional settings.
- CURRENCY CONVERSION: Dollars are used to trade gold in international markets. Using the exchange rate of USD (US Dollar) to INR (Indian National Rupee), import prices are calculated. It is also important to note that USD prices fluctuate, which affects the overall cost in USD and INR.
Gold Carat Price in India
This bird’s eye view will give you a general idea of gold carat prices.
You will find the prices per gram, per 10 grams, per Tola, per Aana, and per ounce in the table below, to know more about gold price in India.
|Carats||Per Gram Price
|10 Grams Price
|Vori (Tola) Price
|1 Aana Price
|1 Ounce Price
In India, gold weight is also measured in grams, kilograms, and tolas.
- Approximately 11.6638038 grams of gold weigh one tola, 31.1034768 grams per ounce, and 1,000 grams per kilogram.
- 1 Tola = 11.66 grams
- 1 Ounce = 31.1034 grams
- 1 Kilograms = 1000 grams
- The weight of gold is measured in troy ounces (1 troy ounce = 31.1034768 grams), whereas its purity is measured in “carats”. The caratage of gold alloyed with other metals is the measure of purity.
The tools below allow you to convert gold weight between different units:-
Vori To Grams Converter
Type a value in the Vori field to convert the value to Grams:
Grams To Vori Converter
Type a value in the Grams field to convert the value to Vori:
Vori To Aana Converter
Type a value in the Vori field to convert the value to Aana:
Gram To Aana Converter
Type a value in the Grams field to convert the value to Aana:
Gold Price in India | Calculator
From here, you can calculate the quantity of gold for any number of items
(Select the No.
by pressing Up/Down key)
|Vori / Tola||61173.80522||751.10222|
|Gram 24 Carat||5246.467||64.417|
|Gram 22 Carat||4805.763772||59.005972|
|Gram 21 Carat||4590.658625||56.364875|
|Gram 20 Carat||4375.553478||53.723778|
|Gram 18 Carat||3934.85025||48.31275|
|Gram 14 Carat||3058.690261||37.555111|
|Gram 10 Carat||2182.530272||26.797472|
Things to keep in mind before making a purchase
- 24k should be purchased for investments purpose. For ornaments, Check the purity of gold whether a 22k, 21k, or a 18k jewellery piece.
- The gold rate varies by location in addition to daily fluctuations. Check out the 22-carat gold rate today in India and the 18-carat gold rate today in India per gram, as well as the 18-carat gold rate today in India.
- In India, the Bureau of Indian Standards certifies the purity of gold. Every 100 grams of gold contains 91.6 grams of pure gold, known as 916 gold. Gold of this purity is also known as 22k gold.
- There is also making charges above the price of the gold. It is usually 15% of the today’s gold price.
Buy Digital Gold
The digital gold market has become increasingly popular in recent years. As little as Rs 1. makes digital gold a good buy, since you can purchase gold right away.
Purchasing gold today in India can be done online at the gold rate or even converted into physical gold on demand. You can continue to save if you want to buy gold where one digital gold unit is equal to one gram of gold.
The gold will be stored in a digital locker until it can be cashed out. Its up to you, if you want to keep it as your digital asset or you can also convert it to physical gold as well.
Gold Investment | Jewellery
Most people are familiar with physical gold. Gold that can be touched can be described as tangible. For example, jewelry, coins and bars are tangible forms of gold.
ETFs (exchange-traded funds) are another option for investment in Gold. Over the past two years, ETF demand has steadily decreased.
A gold locker insured with a deposit can be used to start saving and accumulate gold. Should you need physical gold, coins or gold bars can be delivered to your door.
Gold Rates issuing authority
In addition to several banks and an oversight committee IBJA, an outside panel of experts calculates gold prices based on supply and demand in the gold futures derivative markets and establishes averages for both the spot and fixed price.
Indian Bullion Jewellers Association, or IBJA for short, is a vital source of information regarding gold prices on a daily basis in India.
Gold Carats In India
Various carats and their respective Hallmark of Gold jewelry are as follows:
There are six types of hallmarked gold sold in India jewelry stores:
- 375 hallmarked gold (9 carat gold)
- 585 hallmarked gold (14 carat gold)
- 750 hallmarked gold (18 carat gold)
- 875 hallmarked gold (21 carat gold)
- 916 hallmarked gold (22 carat gold)
- 958 hallmarked gold (23 carat gold)
- 999 hallmarked gold (24 carat gold)
24 Carat Gold
24 carats of gold are considered to be its purest form. 24 carat gold refers to pure gold and is 99.9 percent pure and without any other metals.
A 24 carat gold coin, bar, or other gold product is made out of this gold. 24k gold is mostly found in coins, bars, electronic devices, and medical devices.
Gold is also available in various other purity levels measured relative to 24 carats.
22 carat gold
With the knowledge of 24K gold, you can now understand the importance of 22K gold, which is the material which is used in crafting your eye-catching jewellery.
Pure gold combined with other metals is contained in these golds. Gold makes up almost 92 percent of what they carry while the remainder is other metals such as zinc, silver, nickel, and other alloys.
This type of gold, however, is harder than its counterpart made of 24 Karat gold.
18 Carat Gold
In this composition, gold makes up 75%, while other alloys or metals make up 25%.
For a truly gold piece that is made entirely from gold, opt for 18k gold jewelry if you are watching your budget.
The durability and reliability of 18k gold make it a perfect option for engagement rings, wedding bands, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and earrings.
Historical Prices for All Gold Carats
Making accurate gold price predictions requires the study of historical gold prices
|DATE||24k Price (INR)||22k Price (INR)||21k Price (INR)||18k Price (INR)||14k Price (INR)|
|29 May 2023||5837.8||5350.9||5107.1||4377.1||3406.6|
|28 May 2023||5837.3||5350.5||5106.7||4376.8||3406.3|
|27 May 2023||5837.3||5350.5||5106.7||4376.8||3406.3|
|26 May 2023||5857.7||5369.2||5124.6||4392.1||3418.2|
|25 May 2023||5883.8||5393.1||5147.4||4411.7||3433.5|
|24 May 2023||5940.7||5445.2||5197.1||4454.3||3466.7|
|23 May 2023||5899.6||5407.6||5161.2||4423.5||3442.7|
|22 May 2023||5948.5||5452.4||5204||4460.1||3471.2|
|21 May 2023||5954||5457.5||5208.8||4464.3||3474.4|
|20 May 2023||5949.2||5453.1||5204.6||4460.7||3471.7|
|19 May 2023||5899.7||5407.7||5161.3||4423.6||3442.8|
|18 May 2023||5932.2||5437.4||5189.7||4447.9||3461.7|
|17 May 2023||5962.5||5465.3||5216.3||4470.7||3479.4|
|16 May 2023||6022||5519.8||5268.3||4515.3||3514.1|
|15 May 2023||6022.4||5520.1||5268.6||4515.5||3514.3|
|14 May 2023||6010.3||5509.1||5258||4506.5||3507.3|
|13 May 2023||6014.4||5512.8||5261.6||4509.5||3509.7|
|12 May 2023||6005.7||5504.8||5254||4503||3504.6|
|11 May 2023||6056||5551||5298.1||4540.8||3534|
|10 May 2023||6060.7||5555.3||5302.2||4544.3||3536.7|
|9 May 2023||6028||5525.3||5273.6||4519.8||3517.6|
|8 May 2023||6011.6||5510.2||5259.2||4507.4||3508|
|7 May 2023||5987.9||5488.6||5238.5||4489.7||3494.2|
|6 May 2023||5987.9||5488.6||5238.5||4489.7||3494.2|
|5 May 2023||6079.9||5572.9||5318.9||4558.7||3547.9|
|4 May 2023||6073.6||5567.1||5313.4||4553.9||3544.2|
|3 May 2023||5993.1||5493.3||5243||4493.6||3497.2|
|2 May 2023||5883.5||5392.9||5147.1||4411.4||3433.3|
|1 May 2023||5896.7||5404.9||5158.7||4421.3||3441|
Gold Price in Other Countries
Check out gold price in other featured countries from the list below
The gold market in India is affected by numerous factors; therefore, the prices are not representative of the prices on the international market.
Most sources update prices every 15 minutes, but some update every five minutes.
In addition to checking prices online, you may also want to check prices in a few physical stores.
JewellsMark, neither controls nor is responsible for the international gold price.