How To Care For Gold Filled Jewelry
Gold is a very precious and expensive metal. There are various types of gold which are cheaper and good quality, like Gold filled jewelry. Among other types, it is the finest type of jewelry. However, the most important question related to gold filled jewelry is “ how to care for gold filled jewelry?” keep your jewelry in dry places, the humidity can damage it. Place it in a separate box because if you put different pieces of jewelry in the same box, it will leave scratches.
There are certain methods that are simple to clean your jewelry. A clean and soft cloth can be used to dry it after washing it with mild soap. A soft brush and soap can also be used to clean. Detailed instructions for how to care for gold filled jewelry are given in this article:
How to Care For Gold Filled Jewelry | Methods:
Here are some easiest methods to clean your jewelry at your home.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry during swimming in pools, hot water tubs etc. if so remove your jewelry and dry it with a soft piece of cloth.
- Protect your jewelry from chemicals like chlorine (used in pools), shampoo(during bath).
- Do not use Perfumes, moistening lotion, hairspray or any other chemical.
- Always remove your jewelry from any hard physical activity, like lifting, running, cooking. It leaves scratches on it. Moreover, the sweat contains many chemicals and minerals that can react with the metal of jewelry.
- Remove it during laundry due to harsh detergents. They will react with jewelry and easily damage it.
- Store your jewelry in a dry atmosphere, as the humidity will affect it and it will start tarnishing.
- Place them separately, and covered with soft pieces of cloth, or used jewelry boxes that are specifically designed for this purpose.
- Regularly clean it with mild soap and then dry it with the help of clean and soft cloth.
How To Clean Your Gold Filled Jewelry:
There are many easy methods that you can use to clean your jewelry in your home.
Washing With Mild Soap:
- Regularly wash it with soap.
- Do not use harsh soap, chemicals to clean it as they can react with the metal.
- You can use a soft brush.
- Wash it with clean water and dry with a soft piece of paper.
Washing With Baking Soda:
- Take some warm water.
- Add baking soda in it.
- Place your ring / jewelry in the solution for 5 minutes.
- Use a soft brush to clean it.
- Wash it with clean water.
- Dry it with dry cloth.
Use Proper Jewelry Boxes
- To protect your jewelry, put it in a proper jewelry box.
- Do not place various jewelry pieces in one box. Instead use a different box.
- Do not place your jewelry sideways in the box. Place it straight.
Use Cleaning Services:
- The easiest way is to take your ring / jewelry to a nearby Jewelry shop.
- They will not only clean it but also polish it.
- This method is costly and you have to pay for them.
What People Also Ask about Gold filled jewelry care
Gold filled jewelry is a good option among other types of gold. You just need to take good care of it. Now if you wonder how to care for gold filled jewelry? Then you can simply do it by keeping it clean, away from humidity, placing it in proper jewelry boxes, and avoiding swimming in hot tubs and pools as there are harsh chemicals present in it. All these precautions can increase the lifespan of your jewelry very much.